Sunday 29 July 2007

Ecuador, si se puede...

Well, to begin this entry, I'd like to say that I am now back, safely on U.S. Soil... and I don't think I've ever really felt this disappointed to be here.

I loved studying abroad ... especially in Ecuador and this next year is going to be pretty tough for me.
I am really considering heading back there as soon as possible... hopefully next summer and maybe stay there for a year to work.

My last 2 weeks there was spent working endlessly on three different essays and taking my final for advanced Spanish. My end results were not bad, I received 3.0's in both... but I am trying to fight one, because I can't figure out how one can get almost 100% on everything and still get a B... but we shall see how that turns out.

I ended up spending the last few days mostly in Quito, visiting the places I liked the most -- Quito Antiguo, going on TeleferiQo again and then visiting the Guayasamim museums.
To check out some of his stuff, go to: http://www.capilladelhombre.com/

I was going to go to Banos and then to Mindo with one of the other girls on the trip, but out of nowhere she backed out and it's "unsafe to travel alone."

But I did end up going to Mindo and that was a blast!!! I swam underneath waterfalls, played with butterflies in the mariposaria and then went tubing down the Rio Mindo.

And my hostal for the one night only cost me $5! A-Mazing.

THe last two nights in Quito a bunch of us went down to the Mariscal and danced and of course we had to go to Bungalow 6. I talked to the owner there and thanked him. And asked him who the picture of the man on the door was -- he couldn't remember, so when I asked if it was Franz Kafka, he was like OMG YES THAT's who it is!!! And then he explained the reasoning that he put it on there because Kafka's work was very out there and that he has osme very out there experiences here at the bar because of all the GRINGOS!

Wednesday night we went to the Plaza Fosch and listened to this ska/reggae band, ate Ecuadorian food ( I MISS EMPANADAS de Morocho!)

And basically I didn't sleep at all... I was at the airport at 4 a.m. on Thursday and was first in line. $37.90 to leave Ecuador... and well... let's just say between flight delays in Houston, I didn't get home until midnight!

I'm going to miss writing in this journal, but maybe one day in the future I'll be able to write again... on my second trip to Ecuador!

Ciao mi amores!

Ecuador, Mi Pais! Si se puede!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.