Tuesday 3 July 2007

Workin' on week 6...

Hola Todos... I thought that I'd write in this more often, but apparently this'll be numero seis... que lastima! (WHAT A SHAME!)

Nothing much has really been going on, last weekend I spent half the time in Quito and the other half in Papallata, about an hour away from Cumbaya (where my school is located). Apparently there is a volcano somewhere close by that heats up hot springs, so I just went with one of my Ecuadorian friends there and we just relaxed in the hot springs this past Saturday.

We got back that evening (since it was rainy and gross out, we couldn't ride horses there) and we just hung out in Quito... watched movies and Sunday I spent the day writing out an oral presentation and then a paper on San Ignacio de Loyola and San Francisco Javier for my Arte Colonial de Quito clase. I turned that in yesterday and presented and everything went well. At first I was pretty worried about this class, but I got my first test back and although I didn't do that great, I did A LOT better than I thought I did.

It's hard to think that I am working on my 6th week here... this Saturday marks the fact that we only have 3 weeks left here!

I was considering changing my flight to come home around August 5th, but it costs over $200 and, really, what I am going to do here for a week alone... my friends here all work during the day.

This Friday I leave for Tiputini (the rain forest) and I'll be gone through Monday night -- this has been a dream of mine since I was in 4th grade and we decorated the room as if it was a rainforest and did all these book reports on rain forests and animals.


Hope all is going well with everyone back in the states!!! And leave me comments! I'd love to hear from all of you!

No comments: